1979 born in Hyogo, Japan / works in Berlin, Germany
statement (should sometimes change)
I create another scene using perceptual images to "re-experience" a certain event or place. While motion pictures provide concrete images, and signify meaning (photographs are always photographs of something), I try to create an intersection between fiction and reality.
Memory functions similarly to the way motion pictures "replay" the “past.” It varies depending on when it is replayed, and how it is replayed. The present is intertwined with all point in time. We sometimes need to recognize this continuity. Hence, I use existence of objects themselves, and images that represent the passing of time to create scenery of multi-tiered images, which allows the viewer to sympathize with the past or the time that has yet to come.
Through space, including the blank spaces that indicate uncertain boundaries, I attempt to create certain “experiences” for you, the spectator.
- Ph.D of Inter Media Art. Tokyo University of the Arts, Japan.
- Master of Inter Media Art. Tokyo University of the Arts, Japan.
- Bachelor of Imaging Art and Science. Musashino Art University, Japan.
- “Cryptophasia” Künstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin
- “Encounter the moment-2” polaris the art stage, Kanagawa
- “Encounter the moment-1” 39Art Mukojima, source.sight, Tokyo
- “absent from world” art front gallery, Tokyo
Group Exhibitons / Projects
- "This is also your day" Tokyo University of Arts Doctoral Program Final Exhibition, Tokyo University of Arts, Tokyo
- “West gate park project” Matsudo Artline Project2012, Chiba
“you will choose the title in the work” Kuandu museum of fine arts, Taiwan
“study between chance and intension, necessity and sence” Taitung artist village, Taiwan
- “mountaintop entrance,a dream after 10 days” Koganecho Bazaar 2012, Kanagawa
“Untitled fiction” We don't know where we are, gendai bijutsu seisakusho, Tokyo
- “Placing Time” geidai sentan 2011,BANK ART NYK, Kanagawa
“practice for image” spectacle on the bay,nitehi works, Kanagawa
- “Place to meet the distance” Echigo Tsumari art triennial 2009, Nigata [Permanent work]
- “collected night” ATRAS,the university art museum Tokyo University of the Arts, Ibaraki
- “For lots of lost windows” Echigo Tsumari art triennial 2006, Nigata [Permanent work]
- “windowscape” KOKU Gallery Titanik, Finland
- Künstlerhaus Bethanien artist residency program, Germany
- Taitung Railway Artist Village residency program, Taiwan
Kuandu Museum of Fine Arts artist residency program, Taiwan
- Pola Art Foundation grants for overseas study for young artists
- Yoshino Gypsum Art Foundation grant for overseas study for young artist